Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Spicy Noodles

Have you ever had those carton noodles that you put hot water in to be able to eat? I have and will never again. Now I’ll tell you why. From the time I started eating solid foods I have been eating some type of spice which makes the food alive. So when I tried spaghetti I liked it but it still needs something more. That’s when I make up my own recipe to make spicy noodles. This recipe can be used with any unflavoured noodles that are boiled.

Ingredients:

1 box of noodles (375 grams)

2 teaspoons of Olive oil

1 tablespoon of Ground green chilies

½ -1 teaspoon of Ground red peppers (powder)

1.5 teaspoons of Salt

1 teaspoon of Cumin (optional)

First, boil you noodles according to the instruction on the box, and drain.

Next, in a large open pan add the oil and set on medium heat, add cumin (optional). If you are using cumin make sure the oil is only warm and then put in the cumin. It cooks very fast so put in all the spices (olive oil, ground green chilies, ground red peppers and salt) first then the cumin. Cook the cumin for about 30 seconds and take the pan off of the heat. Immediately after put all the noodles into the pan and mix thoroughly. With the noodles stir fried or steamed vegetables go very well. As you learn how much of the chilies and peppers you like adjust the recipe accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment