Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Couscous

Easy Couscous

Couscous is a very popular food used in African and Arabic dishes. My fiancé is Lebanese, and he loves couscous. So I am going to share a simple recipe that can be used as a side dish or even as a main course.

When I first heard the name couscous I didn’t know what it was. I was imagining a spice or a vegetable. I have posted a picture of what this crushed wheat looks like. The flavor of couscous is very plain. It is easily spiced or flavored however you want.

Usually I make a Mediterranean flavored couscous. Everyone in my house loves this recipe and I will bring it if I am attending a function or potluck dinner. The recipe I will share shows you how to make basic couscous. You may flavor the dish any way you want or just eat it plain. You can find couscous in the health food section of your local grocery store. I buy mine from Basha Foods International, which I have posted a link with the address http://bashafoods.ca/.

Couscous

· 1 cup couscous

· 2 cups water

· 1 tablespoon oil

· 1 teaspoon salt

Bring water to boil in pot. Add all ingredients and stir. Remove from heat and cover for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with a fork the same way you would do to rice. It’s very easy, fast and simple. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment