Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Perogy Pizza!

I recently ate a pizza that was absolutely delicious! The pizza can be found here! I was visiting a few friends in Lethbridge and they were raving on about the delicious perogy pizza that a place by their house made. The place was called Two Guys Pizza. I was a little sceptical at first because perogies and pizza do not seem like a good mix at all.

To my surprise, the pizza tasted delicious! The pizza had mashed potatoes instead of tomato sauce. The pizza also had green onions, cheese, bacon bits and sour cream. A pizza with so many carbohydrates sounds a little gross, but it tasted amazing! The flavours all melted together perfectly.

I was very excited to find this place in Calgary and was disappointed to find out that there is no Two Guys Pizza in Calgary. I found out that a few places in Calgary do make this pizza though. One of these places would be Boston Pizza. I am very excited to try another perogy pizza and any other kinds that I have not tried yet!

Another sort of weird pizza I tried was a donair pizza. The pizza I had was from Pizza Sub, which is a privately owned pizza place that is on the same block as my house. It tasted pretty good, actually. The sweet donair sauce went perfectly with the melted cheese. I am a big pizza fan so I am always very excited to try new pizzas! What is your favourite pizza and where is it from? What is the weirdest pizza you have ever tried?!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds weird. I would have thought the combination was not a mix also. I have never tried a donair pizza because I don't eat meat. If I am ever down towards Lethbridge I would love to try this pizza. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These combinations sound strange. But I have learned from previous experiences not to make up my mind based on the fact that this type of food is "normal". Personally I love trying strange new things and the perogy pizza sounds very good. Next time I'm at Boston Pizza I'll be sure to try it.

    ReplyDelete