Friday, November 25, 2011

Beef Broccoli!


A few nights ago I decided to cook my room mate some beef broccoli. I have never made it before so I just created it on the spot. First, I baked a small roast in the oven for about an hour. I seasoned the roast with salt and pepper and then placed it in a pan with tin foil over it.

Once it was done I took it out of the oven and cut it up into little strips. I then cut up some broccoli and put both the broccoli and beer in a frying pan. I added some butter and some of the juices left from baking the beef to it. I then added fresh garlic, garlic powder, onion salt, salt, pepper and soy sauce to the mixture. I then covered it and let it simmer until the broccoli was cooked just right.

I just made regular old rice to go with it. Everything tasted very good but I thought it could have been better. The beef was frozen and I defrosted it in the microwave. I think next time I will have to remember to thaw the beef the day before. Overall it was still an okay meal though! Any one have a better technique to make beef broccoli?

1 comment:

  1. I love broccoli and i think that this is a good way to add it to a dish! It looks yummy. I like the slow roasted beef that is already partially cooked that you can buy and it tastes really good!

    ReplyDelete