Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fondant cake!



My dad’s girlfriend makes wonderful fondant cakes! She has been making them for a few years now and they all just blow me away. She has made cakes in the shape of houses, sewing machines, animals, cars and many other things. Fondant is something I have never been able to make myself, so I get really excited when I see some of the designs that people come up with!

My dad’s girlfriend is a great inspiration to me because everything she bakes turns out so beautiful and tastes amazing! I just wanted to share one of my favorite cakes that she made with everyone. I really like how much detail and color is on the cake. It amazes me that the entire thing is edible!!! Mmm!

Happy baking!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! It's beautiful!! I did one when I was in class at SAIT and it was themed after Nightmare Before Christmas as well. I can't explain how many times I watched that movie when I made the cake, but I absolutely love that movie so all is well :)
    I'm not going to lie though, it is definetly hard making characters like that but she did an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is AMAZING! Your Dad's girlfriend is very talented. How long did it take her to do that with so much detail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Not only is that a great theme for a cake but it's also done amazingly. It feels like something that would be on Cake Boss! Although I always wonder if cakes that have that much detail in them can still taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great looking cake! I would feel bad eating that cake, just because it looks so great. Did you get to taste it? If so, how was it?

    ReplyDelete