Friday, September 30, 2011

Cupcakes!

I have been looking after a friend’s children for the past few days and decided it would be fun to make some cupcakes! I found a recipe online that had all the ingredients to make them and then went at it.



The ingredients were as follows:



2 cups (500 mL) sugar



4 eggs



2-1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour



1 cup (250 mL) milk



3/4 cup (175 mL) vegetable oil



2-1/4 teaspoons (11 mL) baking powder



1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla





I added more vanilla than the recipe called for as well as chocolate chips to add more flavor to it. The cupcakes still turned out a bit on the bland side after adding those two ingredients. The cupcakes also turned out a bit on the dry side despite me following the rest of the ingredients exactly as the recipe said to.



We iced the cupcakes with a store-bought jar of cream cheese icing. Despite the cupcakes being a bit dry, the kids seemed to enjoy them! So I would still recommend this recipe to anyone that doesn’t have a lot of ingredients and wants some cupcakes!



I got the recipe from here!




Happy baking!

5 comments:

  1. I am a cupcake lover! I have found that I really enjoy the cupcakes at CRAVE, they have a white cake with coconut icing and it is to die for. Recently I went to my friend’s 19th birthday party and she made these cupcakes that were excellent. They were homemade root beer cupcakes with the most amazing vanilla butter cream icing! I wish I could bake like her. She also had chocolate fondue, 5 homemade salsas, and burritos with the most amazing toppings! She went all out with her party it was amazing. I am going to ask her for the recipe to share with all of you! I look forward to communicating with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment about crave... I used to work there.... :D and you mean lovely bunches of coconut haha you know you can get it in the size of a cake as well!
    I love cupcakes too! something about a cake in a smaller form is absolutely brilliant. I love your idea of adding more vanilla as well as chocolate chips! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love crave cupcakes as well, but I found the amount of icing and it's sweetness to be a bit overwhelming at times. Recently, I tried the butter cream bakery cupcakes and Love them. They have butter cream icing as well so if you liked the cupcakes your friend made you and love crave you should try these! The flavour selection is extensive and the icing is less sugary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I enjoy crave but I usually take half of the icing off. I am not a huge fan of butter cream bakery, but I am pretty picky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crave cupcakes, but I have a big sweet tooth. The icing definitely fills me up though, and it usually means that I skip lunch because they make me so full. I only wish they were a tad bit less expensive.

    ReplyDelete