Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tofu Patties


Being a vegetarian if I wanted to eat a burger I would use store bought patties that are frozen. They were very bland and I just didn’t like the look of them. Then my mom found a recipe to make tofu veggie patties. Usually we would pan fry the veggie patties but then I found a great recipe that bakes the patties instead of frying them. This makes them so much healthier.

I got the recipe from here. It gives you all the ingredients and steps to cooking it. I did change a couple of things in it though. I left out the celery and garlic and replaced it with green peas. Also, I used chick pea flour instead of regular flour. It gives a completely different taste to the patties. I kept everything else the same and the patties turned out to be very delicious. And the author was right you don`t need a bun. I ate them with ketchup. Yum!

You can also just make them an freeze for a couple of weeks or just put them in your refrigerator if you`re going to eat them with the next couple of days. Mine didn't look exactly like the ones in the picture but I think I just need to practice a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment