Tuesday, December 6, 2011

the Old Spaghetti Factory

Veggie Lasagna

One of my favorite restaurants is the Old Spaghetti Factory. Whenever my family and I go to Banff we always go to this restaurant. I am posting a link in case you ever want to go there. I usually go to the location in Banff but there is also one in Calgary http://www.osf.com/. The dish that keeps me coming back for more, is their Vegetarian Lasagna. I love it! I tried to make a knock off version, and it turned out great. I still enjoy having someone else make it for me, but it is cheaper to make it in larger amounts at home. My sister loves when we make this recipe, and it is even better the next day for lunch.

I usually make two dishes of lasagna and freeze one.

Vegetarian Lasagna

· 2 cups fresh whole leaf spinach

· 2 cups shredded carrots

· 1 package crumbled tofu

· 1 bottle spaghetti sauce (whatever you prefer)

· 1 250gram container of ricotta

· 1 teaspoon salt

· 1 teaspoon pepper

· 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

· 1 box whole wheat noodles

Preheat oven to 380. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add noodles. Cook until chewy. In a baking dish, layer tomato sauce and noodles. Sprinkle a little shredded cheese after making each layer. In the centre add a layer of ricotta. The next layer is the shredded carrot and spinach (lay the spinach leaves flat). This is the secret to a copycat recipe from the Old Spaghetti Factory. Bake for 40 minutes and broil to brown the cheese for 10 minutes. Let the lasagna sit for 20 minutes before eating. This will help the juices set. You can make this recipe yourself or follow my link to the address and enjoy a night out. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment