Wednesday, December 7, 2011

You’ll have to eatmore!

This recipe comes with a warning; you may need someone to help you stir it. The bars become very thick and hard to stir in the bowl, and even harder to put in the pan. The final result is well worth it though. You’re bars will be homemade but just as good as any store bought chocolate bar!

Are there any recipes you use that are homemade versions of chocolate bars? I love making things at home as an alternative to buying something. These bars are great for lunches just for a quick snack; but are careful! Make sure you don’t over indulge, these bars aren’t the best calorie wise option, so maybe share with the guy you got to help with the stirring?

Eatmore Bars

2 cups chocolate chips

1 cup corn syrup

1 cup rolled oats

2 cups crushed peanuts

½ butter

(If you want some variety the crushed peanuts can be switched for sun flower seeds, or used as a combination)

Melt together chocolate chips, syrup and butter. Add rolled oats and crushed peanuts (and/ or sunflower seeds). Spread on greased cookie sheet and refrigerate. Cut and Enjoy!

Maybe my favorite part of this recipe is that you don’t have to bake anything at all. I’m a klutz; the oven and I don’t always get along, so as long as I have someone to help me stir I can enjoy Eatmore bars without ever using the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment