Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Soup, Glorious Soup

So I've been on a real soup kick lately with the weather being cold and all, and been the adventurous type i decided to make some from scratch. It seems super intimidating to me to make ANYTHING from scratch, but it turns out soup is super easy to make. You basically boil, bake, or roast the hell out of something, throw it in a blender and then mix it with some stock and spices. Delicious every time, low sodium (unlike the can stuff), and super health. I've tried it with squash, roasted red peppers, and cauliflower. All the recipes online are pretty easy to follow, and all of them are practically the same, but i do have a couple secret ingredients that i like to throw in.

Secret ingredient number one: Beer.It seriously can go in anything!
Secret ingredient number two: Curry. I've only tried it in my squash soup, but it was amazing! just be careful, you don't need a lot. You just want a hint of it. It compliments the sweetness of the squash perfectly.
Secret ingredient number three: nutmeg. If you can get fresh stuff it's amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Nutmeg added to anything can make it 100% better, I've had smoothies with nutmeg added in and they're strangely amazing. I find curry really only goes well in squash soup, I don't know about you but I have never heard of a recipe that used curry in it.

    ReplyDelete